Welcome to 50+ is the Best Yet, my personal blog about being 50-plus in a 2015 world, writing and working from home, gifts, reviews of my favorite things, accessorizing with eyeglasses (among other things). I also dispense unsolicited advice, hold imaginary conversations, and write non-stop about my 50-plus wisdom and passions.
Samplings of topics that I blog and write about are below. (This might sound repetitious, but have to get in those SEO keywords!) You’ll find insight on being 50-plus, unique gifts, my favorite things, cute glasses, shoes, prescription eyeglasses, ordering them online, style, things I can’t live without, random silliness, and seriousness.
If you just want to find out what kind of week that I’m having, check for the sad little reports on the mundane minutia of my life in The 50 Plus Minutia Reports. Recent minutia includes…
- Reflections on Jimmy Stewart’s Poem “A Dog Named Beau”
- Aunt Janet, If you’d just pay attention…
- Amazing Foxy: My Hero
- The Warren & Janet Show
- No one called the police.
- Dedicated to the 7 Sisters
- It’s Not the Size of the Trailer that Counts (about Blocking Parking Spaces)
- Good-bye to Rob’s Black Ty Affair–a very fine old dog
- Why I am an expert on eyewear
- Cute Eyeglasses
- Turquoise Reading Glasses
- Order Eyeglasses Online and Save Money
Favorite Blog Posts
- Depends, Gear 2 Watch, Life Alerts, and Better Call HR
- Suicide: Why did Robin do it?
- Strategic Incompetence
- ZenniOptical Saved me $2K
- Appointment with my Senility Counselor
- Martian Law