As a writer, a shopper, a person, an independent contractor, etc., I use a variety of online tools to make my life easier. Here is a list of the tools I used throughout my day.
- Toggl.com – Keeping up with my time
- Word Counter – Inserted into a Word document
- MindManager 15 – Mind mapping for outlining and brainstorming
- WorkFlowy.com – List of things to do
- Lingofy.com – To proofread my work
- Grammarly.com – To proofread my work
- LifeBinders.com – Keeps my critical documents organized.
- Join.me – Collaborate by sharing your computer screen with clients.
- DropBox.com – I can access my documents from anywhere.
- NextDoor.com – Keep up with my neighborhood. (For those of you who are marketing your services, put them in your profile.)
I start my Toggl timer first thing in the morning when I start working. I pulled up MindManager to look at an outline of an online course that I’m editing.
When I got a call from the office, I whipped out my LiveBinders to look at an itinerary for international travelers leaving at 9 o’clock tonight. When my client wanted to collaborate on an article, Join.me was the ticket.
You get the picture. Seriously, I used ALL of these today. I am a terrible housekeeper, but I am productive writer and work-from-home kind of gal.
Internet tools make me be able to spread myself thinner than ever before! (That’s sarcasm…not going to put in an “LOL.”)